Mushroom & Jalapeño Cauliflower Rice Risotto
Keto Macros per Default Servings
|7.4 g (9.9 g Total – 2.5 g Fiber)||3.9 g||17.3 g||200.2|
|Nutrition Facts are provided for the Default Servings |
And are automatically rounded to the nearest WHOLE gram.
I’m sure you’ve heard of cauliflower rice, but what about mushroom and jalapeño cauli risotto? This keto friendly dish is a perfect way to enjoy comfort food without the guilt. Get ready to impress your friends with this creamy side dish that takes 40 minutes to make. While being a wonderful side dish option, this recipe is hearty enough to be a standalone meal.
The cauliflower rice is low in carbs, high in protein and fiber, and contains many micronutrients. The key is really making sure that your cauliflower rice isn’t overcooked because then it will get mushy when mixed together with other ingredients into the risotto. It should be fluffy before adding in any liquids. Allow the cauli rice to breathe while getting tender.
Jalapeño adds spice to this low carb dish. If you’re not into spicy food, then opt for a red bell pepper instead – the choice is yours!
Mushrooms are one of our favorite vegetables because they have so much flavor on their own without needing any seasoning. You can make them as subtle or complex as your taste buds prefer, but it’s always nice when mushrooms get some love from other ingredients. The way the mushroom is highlighted in this dish is truly delicious.
You can opt to make it vegan by using vegetable broth and substitute the cream (or omit entirely).
Follow @KetoMacros on MFP, added friends can view our Food Diary & copy Keto Macros Recipes directly into their own Food Diary.
A date you can find this recipe in my MFP Diary: November 25th 2016
Keto Macros: Mushroom & Jalapeño Cauliflower Rice Risotto
- 1 oz Salted Butter
- 0.5 oz Garlic Clove, Pressed
- 3 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, Chopped
- 2 oz White Onions, Diced
- 12 oz Cauliflower Florets, Riced
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 oz Jalapeño Chili, Diced
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
Spices & Seasonings
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Black Pepper, Ground
- ½ tsp Dried Parsley
- Add Butter & Garlic Clove to your pan at medium heat.
- Once the Butter is slightly simmering, add the Mushrooms & Onions next.
- It will take approximately 15 minutes for Mushrooms & Onions to cook through. Next set the heat to medium-high while adding in the Jalapeño, Chicken Stock & Cauliflower Rice; along with the Salt & Pepper.
- Once this medley begins to boil, add in the Heavy Cream & Parsley. Then lower the heat back down the medium.
- Let all those ingredients work together for a little bit longer & then it's ready to serve.