Part 1 | MyFitnessPal Setup for Keto Macros
In Part 2 of our MFP Guides will go through adding two more Google Chrome extensions that will allow you to see a calculated “Net Carb” total in your Carb Column and it also edits the summary of the Food Diary’s pie chart to reflect the Net Carb information within the Google Chrome Browser. The final extension will allow you to export any of your data from MFP, also a Paid Premium feature.
Before we get started you will need:
Adding the Fiber Column
Since MFP doesn’t allow us the only track Net Carb, having the Fiber grams you consume visible is pertinent.
Once you are signed up, head over to the MyFitnessPal website as the setting we are about to change can only be accessed there. Not on the mobile app, you must use your Internet Browser either Mobile or Computer.
Login to the MyFitnessPal website.
- Starting from the “My Home” tab, click “Settings”
- Then “Diary Settings”
———— OR ————
- Go to the “Food” tab.
- Then “Settings”
- Under the “Nutrients Tracked” section, from the drop down options, change the selections to Carbohydrates, Protein, Fat, Fiber, & Sodium.
- Optional: Share your Food Diary! Under the “Diary Sharing” section, consider at least sharing your meals with “Friends Only.” I know sometimes when I’m looking for some meal ideas, I go directly to my MFP friends’ diaries for inspiration.
- Hit the “Save Changes Button” or else all these steps you just did were for practice.
Ta-da! The Fiber Column will now be visible on your mobile app also. Remember, in order to see all the columns you are tracking the phone has to be in the “Diary” & in Landscape Mode.
Adding the Chrome Extension to Enable Tracking Macros by Grams
Download the Google Chrome Browser onto your computer.
- Follow this link: Google Chrome Extension Link: Macros by Grams. Once that loads, Then click the “Add To Chrome” button.
- A pop-up will appear at the top of the browser window, click “Add Extension” & your download will begin.
- When the download is complete, a confirmation pop-up will appear & the button from Step 1 will turn green & display “Added To Chrome”
- Head back over to the MyFitnessPal website & from the “Home” select the “Goals” tab. You will see a change under the “Daily Nutrition Goals” section; there is now “FOODFASTFIT” row with a clickable link “Set Your Goals.” Select “Set Your Goals”
- The “FoodFastFit” Dashboard under the “Settings” tab will load. Scroll down to the “MyFitnessPal Macronutrient Goals” section & enter in your macros in the appropriate fields.
- Then select the “Get This Add-On” button. (This is a slight glitch in the extension’s code as the “Save To MyFitnessPal” button should have become available & neither of them are clickable but nevertheless, this does save the macros you have just input.)
- Unfortunately, it takes you to the Chrome Web Store with the Extension Page opened up. It will look just like in Step 3. (Again, we just have to head back to MFP’s site.)
- Back on the MyFitnessPal website, click on the “Food” tab & you will see that “Your Daily Goal” now reflects the grams you had input in Step 5
- The “FoodFastFit” Dashboard’s “Save To MyFitnessPal” button will be active going forward when you edit your macros there.
These Macros will now be visible both in your “Goals” tab on the MFP website & on your MFP mobile app.
Remember, in order to see the columns, your phone has to be in the “Diary” & in Landscape Mode.